Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thoughts on Saturdays Practice

Overall we had a great practice.
Was concerned that players showed up late but they paid for it in the end. Will be eager to see how many are late this week.
Majority of our players are still playing in the MTFL but soon that will be over. I'm getting the opportunity to look at guys that were role players last year or not even with the team at all. I'm surprised at the level of skilled position people that we have coming out this year. The receiving core is deep and we will add more after the MTFL finishes which means someone will be standing on the sidelines that is not use to being there. But competition is always good.
For the first time since Ive been in Semi-Pro football I have a returning Offensive line. This is important because in the past this has been our achilles heal. Five guys working all summer together instead of a mismatch crew will be important. Finally the offense will be in a position to help the defense by putting points on the board.
Next week I will release the first depth chart to get the attention of players who are complacent or feel that something is owed to them.
Discipline and attention to detail will be important for us this year. Good luck in practice this week.

No comments: